June 16 is Father’s Day. But why is this the chosen day to celebrate Father’s day?
As i searched the web, i found out that Sonora Smart Dodd from Spokane, Washington is the “Mother of Father’s Day”, she is the founder of this annual celebration. Their mother died when she was 16 years old so her father, William Jackson Smart, raised her and her siblings.
Father’s day started when Sonora heard a Mother’s Day sermon at Central United Methodist Church in Spokane, at that moment, she was inspired to propose that fathers should receive equal recognition.
So, what do you have for your Dad this Father’s Day? There are a lot of things that you can do for him even if you only have limited budget.
Here’s some simple ideas:
1. Prepare dinner for him, serve his favorite food and don’t forget his favorite beer.
2. Let him enjoy his day, don’t interrupt if he’s watching basketball on tv.
3. Wash your own clothes, clean your house, wash your Father’s car, let him rest.
4. If you and your Dad love movies, buy DVDs and watch Man of Steel, Fast & The Furious or;
5. You can save up your allowance or 10% of your salary to reserve tickets at Sureseats so you can watch World War Z less the hassle.
Remember, everyday is HIS day. Love and serve your Dad everyday. Also, you know your Dad well so i’m sure you’ll think of other ways to make him happy.
The Classy Poor